The Mississippi Economic Council in cooperation with the state’s citizens and private sector is building a collaborative vision for moving the state’s economy and community forward. The process, known as Blueprint Mississippi 2011, has led to the development of a series of goals and recommendations on education, the economy, diversity, financial resources, health, infrastructure and other key areas.
A top focus is the creative economy. The following creative economy strategies are based in large part on the study we completed with the Mississippi Development Authority and the Mississippi Arts Commission Development. The reports are available here and more on the effort is on the Mississippi Creative economy website.
- Support the goals in the report, Mississippi’s Creative Economy, released by the Mississippi Arts Commission with the Mississippi Development Authority:
- Facilitate efforts that make communities throughout the state more creative and vibrant.
- Promote entrepreneurship and small business growth among creative firms.
- Help communities preserve and generate added value from cultural and historic heritage.
- Enhance the competitiveness of the state’s businesses and industries through increased use of art and design.
- Enhance the support and networking infrastructure for creative talent across the state.
- Build capacity to grow and retain creative talent living and working in Mississippi.
- Develop tools and strategies to support growth throughout the tourism industry.